Cast Acrylic Sheet
- Architectural decoration, various furniture materials.
- Advertising signage.
- Illumination equipment, lampshade.
- Material of door, window. UV corrugated roof.
- Sanitary wares.
- Material for mechanical covers.
- Noise barrier, sunshade.
Acrylic has many beneficial characteristics that makes it the most outstanding material for a wide range of products. Such as advertising sign boards, lighting fixtures, building materials, auto accessories and traffic aids, furnitres sanitary wares, daily necessaries... And so on.
- Clear as crystal with high transmittance.
- Rigid surface with high density, excellent weather resistance.
- Light weight and safe.
- Easy for thermoforming and molding.
- Illustrious electrical insulation.
- Splendid chemical resistance.
As acrylic sheet is thermoplastic, it will get soft over 100℃, Therefore please use it under 100℃.
The surface of acrylic sheet is as hard as aluminum, to keep the surface polished, it is recommended to keep masking paper on it during delivery and fabrication.
When wipe the surface with dry cloth, static occurs. Clean the sheet by water containing 1% of soap with very soft cloth or sponge.
The thermal expansion of arcylic is larger than metal and the degree of stretch is about nine times to metal. When replace or fix acrylic sheet, it is necessary to consider the degress of stretch.
Special Instruction Under Installation
Reserve enough space for stretching. The stretching degree effected by temperature of cast acrylic sheet is as followed.
- After finishing processed acrylic novelties at 10°C, when temperature raised to 50°C, the heat expansion will be 1000*8*10¯5*(50-10)=3.2m/m.
- After finishing processed acrylic novelties at 30°C, when temperature falls to -10°C, the contraction will be 1000*6*10¯5*(30+10)=2.4m/m.
General settlements to prevent from troubles:
- Reserve the frame for contractility.
- Making the screw hole in oval.
- Cushion material should as elastic as rubber.
- Forming acrylic sheet into not significant shape.
- Using straighten or forming way to increase the cross-sectional coefficient to avoid interior stress
Forming acrylic sheets into wave , wrap and through to increase crosssectional coefficient in order to prevent transformation from the weight of acrylic sheet itself and loading. Increasing thickness of acrylic sheet
when length and the dimension is larger. It necessary to calculate thickness related to tension tolerance and bending strength of acrylic sheet on the surface that endures wind pressure.